The internet is one of the greatest inventions of all time. As our families become increasingly intertwined with it, the more active role we must take to protect our loved ones from internet pornography. Although nothing can take the place of a well-informed parent that takes an active part in their children’s online activities, Internet filters add a strong, additional layer of defense, giving parents an added measure of control and further peace of mind.
Internet filters give you the ability to control content displayed, block websites and set up passwords. Powerful services like email filtering, popup blocking and chat room monitoring are just some of the tools available with today’s internet filters, each designed to protect against and counteract the tactics of aggressive online porn companies.
With so many internet filters available, researching and choosing the Internet filter that’s right for your family can be complex and time-consuming, that’s where we can help.
What to look for in Internet Filter Software
Even though the perfect internet Filter does not exist in today’s marketplace, there are a number of great solutions depending on your family’s needs. Below are some criteria used to evaluate internet filter software:
· Ease of Use – The most important attribute an Internet filter can offer is an easy-to-use design, making it possible for people with all levels of computer experience to easily install and use the filter to its fullest capacity.
· High Speed Service – Not much is more frustrating than a slow internet connection. Nobody wants to be brought to a crawl while online; and Clean Internet will NOT slow down your connection, at all.
· Effective at Filtering – For any type of filter to be effective it must Allow the good and Block the bad. Clean Internet does just that by blocking objectionable material and not filtering valuable content.
· Securely Installed – If a filter can be uninstalled easily… it will be. Clean Internet can not be bypassed by the end user or uninstalled without a call to technical support.
· Filtering Algorithm – Clean Internet uses a combination of filtering techniques, including URL filtering, keyword filtering and dynamic filtering.
· Client-Server Based – Clean Internet offers a flexible platform which allows users to decide whether their optimal filtering solution is client (home computer) based, server (office network) based or a combination of both.
· Foreign Language Filtering – Clean Internet is effective at filtering keywords in multiple languages. One of the tricks that many teenagers have discovered to bypass Internet filters is to type in the foreign language equivalent of certain keywords.
· Port Filtering and Blocking – Block or filter all major Internet protocols, including instant messengers, chat rooms, email, file sharing networks, bulletin boards and popup windows.
· Activity Reporting – Reports available on which web sites were visited and which were Blocked.
With internet filters and proper supervision, parents can keep their families safe from the ever-present problems and help them enjoy the most educational and entertaining aspects of the internet.