Children today have access to much more information then back in my days growing up. Most kids today grow up on TV and the computer. With that said today’s kids have the ability at the click of a mouse to access all kinds of things. They have the ability to chat with people across the continent or to view the peak of Mount Everest.
The minds of our children are a very volatile place. The Internet can be a blessing and a curse depending on your ability to filter the trash out and keep the good stuff available. The decision is up to you, will you take the chance of having your child have full range of the World wide web?
The answer is simple do your research and install a good Internet Filter. All filters are not equal I would recommend Clean Internet this is a family friendly filter that will guarantee to protect your house hold from Internet trash.
Get an Internet Filter Also parent’s discuss with your children these 10 guideline
1. I will not give out any personal information over the Internet without my parents’ permission.
2. I will tell my parents right away if I come across any information that makes me feel uncomfortable.
3. When using the Internet I will not use my picture or pictures of my family members.
4. The computer will be in the family room (not in a child’s room).
5. I will never agree to meet anyone that I met online without checking with my parents first.
6. I will not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make me feel uncomfortable.
7. I will not give out my Internet password to anyone, not even my best friends, other than my parents.
8. I will check with my parents before downloading or installing software or doing anything that could possibly hurt our computer or jeopardize my family’s privacy.
9. I will be a good online and not to do anything that hurts other people or is against the law.
10.I will help my parents to understand what I like online, how to have fun, and teach them about how to use the Internet, the computers, and all technology.