Sounds like something from a Star wars movie, yes officer my space ship was stolen while I was in Taco Bell, or officer someone stole my lightsaber. The fact is Cyber crime is real and it is affecting people every day.
Generally refers to criminal activity where a computer or network is the source, tool, target, or place of a crime.
The vast majority of homes in America have at least one computer. This device of modern technology can be used by certain individuals to gain entry into personal and private information that is accessed via your computer.
Protect yourself and your family by discussing basic internet guidelines
1. I will not give out any personal information over the Internet without my parents’ permission.
2. I will tell my parents right away if I come across any information that makes me feel uncomfortable.
3. When using the Internet I will not use my picture or pictures of my family members.
4. The computer will be in the family room (not in a child’s room).
5. I will never agree to meet anyone that I met online without checking with my parents first.
6. I will not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make me feel uncomfortable.
7. I will not give out my Internet password to anyone, not even my best friends, other than my parents.
8. I will check with my parents before downloading or installing software or doing anything that could possibly hurt our computer or jeopardize my family’s privacy.
9. I will be a good online and not to do anything that hurts other people or is against the law.
10.I will help my parents to understand what I like online, how to have fun, and teach them about how to use the Internet, the computers, and all technology.
Don’t be a victim of Cyber crime be informed and be proactive.